Here you will find a list of tutorials focusing discussions on Facebook c# API. I have written these from time to time while exercising myself. However, as you may know, Facebook API does get changed over time very often. So, some portions of the tutorials may become obsolete anytime. If you find so, please leave me a message via contact page so that I can review and update whatever necessary. Whenever I will write a new tutorial on this topic, I will add it on this page as well. So, you can find all of them organized in this single page.
About Facebook C# API:
Well, I don’t remember accurately, but probably, Facebook first released their official SDK for c# developers. In between, an open source project for provide an interface to developers. Then after few days, they stop that support and on official page, they refer to this third-party project, which is now hosted on facebooksdk.net. I had started using this and some of the following tutorials utilize it as well. You may get confused sometime as this project changed their host several times, from codeplex to github and then move official domain etc. But facebooksdk.net is the latest one ;). So, lets start exploring the tutorials:
Explore The Facebook C# API Tutorials:
- Get Facebook API Access Token From C# Application: This was my first tutorial on facebook api. At that time, c# support wasn’t much and thus access token had to be taken care of developer himself. However, with course of time, C# SDK support for Facebook API is now a lot matured and this kind of tasks are taken care of automatically, behind the scene. Developers don’t need to worry about it much. Still, if you are willing to learn how things work in the raw level, read it out 🙂
- Facebook API Authentication Guide: Well, this is not a code based tutorial. Rather, some important factors are discussed which are crucial to implementation authentication for a facebook application. So, don’t miss them and suggest more if you think some points can be added there.
- Getting Started With Facebook Open Graph API: After you have authenticated your user with your facebook application, its time to do some API call to retrieve user info or post data via API. This is a beginners level tutorial to work with facebook open graph protocol.
- Work With Facebook C# SDK: Now, you can start exploring the one and only rich open source C# library for facebook api. This tutorial will help you get started with this C# SDK easily. Well, from the time of this tutorial release, several new releases happened till today, but as a base, this still should help you to get basic idea.
- Working With FQL in Facebook C# SDK: So, as you can now implement the basic functionality with api call, but have you started using the powerful Facebook Query Language yet? If not, start with this tutorial now. Because, it will help you do data retrieval process in a very efficient way.
Though this list is not long enough to become a complete series for developers, I am willing to write more in near future and make this list rich. Your suggestions/feedback are welcome. Happy coding 🙂